Set up how your services link to GOV.UK Pay services
Each GOV.UK Pay service can take payments from one or more of your services.
GOV.UK Pay services are free, and there’s no limit to how many you can create.
Link your services to a single GOV.UK Pay service
You can use one GOV.UK Pay service to take payments for a group of your services, if you need to:
- manage your staff members’ access to the whole group in the GOV.UK Pay admin tool
- manage your account settings for the whole group, for example which card types you accept
- receive payments from the whole group in one payout - if your PSP is Stripe
- Create one GOV.UK Pay service.
- Use API keys or payment links from the GOV.UK Pay service in all of the services in your group.
You will not be able to:
- give your services different names - but you can still show your users a different payment descriptions for each service
- send payments to different bank accounts
If you need to know which service each payment came from when you report on payments, you can:
- add references and descriptions that say which service a payment is from when you create that payment
- use custom metadata
- use different payment links
Link your services to different GOV.UK Pay services
You should create a separate GOV.UK Pay service for each of your services if you need to do any of the following:
- give each service its own name on the GOV.UK Pay payment pages
- send each service’s payments to different bank accounts
- give your staff members access to each service separately in the GOV.UK Pay admin tool
- manage the settings for each service separately, for example which card types you accept
You can still view transactions for all your live services together.