Add custom branding
GOV.UK Pay supports custom branding on your payment journey.
Custom branding applies to the test and live environments for a service. You must tell us which service you want to apply custom branding to.
You can apply custom branding to your payment pages and your payment confirmation emails.
For payment pages and emails, you can customise:
- the logo displayed in the left-hand or right-hand side of the top banner
- the background colour of the top banner
For payment pages only, you can also customise the border colour of the top banner.
To set up custom branding, do the following.
- Send us your customised banner logo and banner colours.
- Include contact information on your payment confirmation emails.
Send us your banner logo and banner colours
- an image of your banner logo
- the colours of your banner background and border
Customise your banner logo
To customise your banner logo, email us an image of your banner logo. Your image should be:
- in PNG or SVG format
- at least 600 pixels in width
- at least 240 pixels in height
- cropped to leave minimal whitespace around the logo
- compressed (optimised for web)
If you follow these requirements, your banner logo will look clear on both mobile and non-mobile displays.
Customise your banner colours
For payment pages, you can customise both the background and border colours of the top banner.
For payment confirmation emails, you can only customise the background colour of the top banner.
To customise these features, email us your hexadecimal colour codes.
Include contact information on your payment emails
When you have custom branding on your payment confirmation emails, those emails must tell your users how to contact you.
You can include this information on your emails by using, for example, a reply-to email address or a contact form.
If you use a reply-to email address, this email address can be a monitored email inbox for your service, or an unmonitored email address with an automated response.
If you use an unmonitored automated email response, you should tell your users:
- that the email address is unmonitored
- how they can contact your service
You can customise your email responses in the GOV.UK Pay admin tool using the
customParagraph field in the payment receipt email template.
You cannot customise your refund email.